About VS Networks:
VS Networks is the company behind SmartPlay. Specializing in cutting-edge digital and interactive signage, VS Networks designs fully manageable and scalable systems built to drive in-store sales and improve the customer experience.
Our team (and customer base!) is rapidly growing and we are looking to add motivated, entrepreneurial leaders to the team who can operate in a fun, fast, and casual work environment. We need builders and doers that bring previous high growth experience and want to contribute to the scaling phase of our team’s expansion.
About this Position:
As the Director of Business Development, you will evaluate our opportunity landscape and determine how new customer partnerships align with our overall product strategy. You have led cross functional teams, developed enterprise customer relationships, and managed large go-to-market initiatives.
The Director of Business Development role is incredibly key to keeping our team focused and aligned as we encounter uncapped opportunity for customer and product expansion.
- Establish a business development process by setting standards and framework for both enterprise and dealer level relationships.
- Train and direct a team of Business Development Managers whose roles are focused on creating a strong pipeline of qualified opportunities for the Sales Team.
- Manage long term client initiatives by driving internal projects, and navigating key customer relationships.
- Conduct industry and customer research to make educated product feature and sales campaign decisions.
- Work closely with Marketing to set a customer communication cadence and define campaign success.
- Partner with Engineering and Project Management to assess and build out new product features.
- 5+ years of experience in a Senior Business Development leadership role where you’ve led a team to win a large business development initiative.
- Set up a transformative business opportunity and managed high revenue customer relationships.
- Maneuvered a complicated customer landscape with multiple levels of decision makers.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the proven ability to listen, synthesize, and connect customer needs to product solutions.
- A preferred background in Software, Media Buying, or other Recurring Monthly Revenue driven businesses.
- Strong Powerpoint and Excel skills, and a familiarity with Contract & NDA terms
- Travel 20% of the work year for client presentations and industry trade shows.